Exclusive features of OVITO Pro
OVITO Pro provides extended capabilities that are essential for any research professional. These program features are not available in our free version of the software and require a paid license.
Create professional visualizations
High-quality graphics are essential for the clear, convincing depiction of your simulation models on presentation slides and in journal publications. Use the high-fidelity ray-tracing engines OSPRay and Tachyon of OVITO Pro for best visualization results and generate impressive animations.
Ambient occlusion and depth of focus effects let your 3d models appear more vivid.
More insights thanks to useful analysis tools
Complex particle simulations can be difficult to interpret due to their large number of unstructured degrees of freedom and the wealth of information encoded in the trajectory data. OVITO Pro provides new powerful tools that help you analyze the simulation trajectories in the way you need it:
- Time averaging of computed quantities and distributions
- Spatial binning of particle-based data
- Bond-angle and bond-length distributions
- NEW in version 3.8: Methods for Voids/pores analysis
- NEW in version 3.8: Find stacking faults and coherent twin boundaries in FCC crystals
- NEW in version 3.8: Generate and visualize mesh-based representations of LAMMPS regions
See more version 3.8 release highlights here.
Efficient data processing via Python scripting
OVITO Pro comes with a comprehensive Python programming interface, which lets you leverage its full capabilities in additional scenarios:
- Integrate OVITO’s capabilities into your Python-based workflows
- Run computing intensive trajectory analyses or rendering jobs on HPC computing clusters
- Make use of OVITO’s functionality in Jupyter notebooks
- Save time by automating workflows and make them fully reproducible
- NEW: Let OVITO Pro generate Python code for you directly from the graphical user interface
Tailor OVITO to your needs
As a platform, OVITO already provides many built-in analysis and visualization tools for common situations. However, almost any research problem has some unique aspects and thus requires a new, specific solution. OVITO Pro gives you the option to develop custom data analysis and visualization functions by writing just a few lines of Python code. These user-defined “modifiers” integrate seamlessly into the interactive user interface of OVITO, letting you immediately and visually access computation results.
Let the experts help you
We want to ensure that you are able to use our software in the most effective way. Save time and troubles by letting the us help you solve your specific data analysis problems with the right tools and Python APIs available in OVITO Pro. As a paying licensee you will receive priority technical support directly from the OVITO team of scientists and developers.