Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

File import

Dear users,

I am using ovito 3.1.1 version on window 64. I found out that as soon as I loaded my work into ovito platform, the start/stop animation playback did not work or activate. The job I uploaded was lammps dumb FILE. Please, kindly tell me what to do or what is happening? Thanks.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Dear Peter,

From your screenshot I can see that you are using OVITO 2.9.
OVITO 3.x will automatically detect if a lammps dump file contains multiple timesteps. In OVITO 2.9 you still have to make sure to activate the option "File contains multiple timesteps" in the Data source settings.

-Constanze

Dear Constanze,

Thanks for your response. However, it was a mistake to upload screen shot from OVITO 2.9 I wanted to upload 3.1.1. Meanwhile even when i used OVITO 3.1.1, I still encountered the same problem. I have attached another screenshot for Ovito 3.1.1 to this mail. Please, assist me. Thanks.

Peter.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Does your file contain multiple snapshots or not? From your screenshot it looks like you imported a single file that contains the atom configuration at timestep 9000.

Please explain if you are trying to import a single file (containing multiple timesteps) or a series of many files, that each contain one timestep.

I am trying to import a single file containing multiple timesteps (atom configuration at timestep 9000).

Sorry I still can't make sense of what you're trying to do. Could you just show me the lammps dump command you have used?

I think I have figured out what is going on.