Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

QWaitCondition error

Hi everyone!

I'm using ovito to calculate the atomic strain and I get the correct result after running the script. But, I get the following error :

QWaitCondition: Destroyed while threads are still waiting

Can somebody explain to me what this error is, why is it occurring and how to patch it? For this I would like to express my heartfelt thanks!

Yours Sincerely,

Xiaoqian

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi Xiaoqian,

Could you please let me know in which environment you are running the Python script? Are you using the script interpreter ovitos, a standard Python interpreter with the ovito pip package installed, or an Anaconda interpreter with the ovito conda package installed? Furthermore, what operating system do you use?

The error message is not known to me, and I will try to reproduce the behaviour in order to find out more about its origin.

-Alex

Hi Alex

Thank you for your attention to this issue!

I'm  running the script in python 3.7.6 (64-bit) with the VScode software(version, 1.45.1). I'm using an Anaconda interpreter with the ovito conda package installed. The operating system is Win10 family Chinese version(version, 18362). After submitting the question, I tried to run the script with the Spyder or Jupyter software and no errors were reported. So, I guess it was the VScode software or some of my Settings in the VScode that went wrong.

-Xiaoqian

Thanks for providing the additional information on your environment. So far I wasn't able to reproduce the message on my computer, which is a macOS computer running Anaconda Python 3.8.2. But I will try it myself on a Windows machine later.

Could you please let me know which VS Code command you used to run your Python script? I used the >Python: Run Python File in Terminal command on my computer during testing.

The message "QWaitCondition: Destroyed while threads are still waiting" you saw is likely a warning message only, which occurs during shutdown of the Python interpreter. In general it should be safe to ignore the warning, because execution of the Python script itself appears to complete successfully.

Hi Alex

I also used the >Python: Run Python File in Terminal command to run the script.

I agree with your view that the message"QWaitCondition: Destroyed while threads are still waiting" is a warning message and it can be ignored. I decide to ignore it.

Thank you for your help!

-Xiaoqian