Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Running problem

While running ovito, I get the message

symbol lookup error: /lib64/libk5crypto.so.3: undefined symbol: EVP_KDF_ctrl, version OPENSSL_1_1_1b

I have OPENSSL version 1.1.1g installed on Fedora 32

It looks like similar problems have been reported for other software on Fedora 32:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1829790

I am looking for a solution...

It may help to remove the copy of libcrypto shipping with OVITO and replace it with the system's version of that library. But I couldn't verify that so far, because I do not have a Fedora 32 installation at hand. So, could you please try the following?

cd ovito-pro-3.2.1-x86_64
rm lib/ovito/libcrypto.so.1.1
ln -s /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.1 lib/ovito/libcrypto.so.1.1

Please check if the file /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.1 actually exists on your system. It may have a different name. Thank you.

Thanks a lot, it worked. In fact, libcrypto.so.1.1 is again a link to libcrypto.so.1.1g in /lib64/

Hello Alexander,

I had exact same issue with the Ovito Pro 3.5.2-x86_64 on a Red hat system and was able to resolve it using your suggestion.

Thanks,

Rohit

Quote from Ashok Arya on September 8, 2020, 11:39 am

While running ovito, I get the message

symbol lookup error: /lib64/libk5crypto.so.3: undefined symbol: EVP_KDF_ctrl, version OPENSSL_1_1_1b

I have OPENSSL version 1.1.1g installed on Fedora 32

Hi All!

I am getting problems while running Ovito. While working on it, unexpectedly I got the following error. Please see the attachment.

Thanks in advance...

Uploaded files:
  • Runtime-Library-Error.png
Quote from AKASH Deshmukh on July 15, 2021, 5:04 pm

Hi All!

I am getting problems while running Ovito. While working on it, unexpectedly I got the following error. Please see the attachment.

I suggest you send an email directly to support@ovito.org regarding your problem on the Windows platform. Your issue is not related to the Linux installation problem discussed in this forum thread, and we should keep the discussions separate. Thank you.

Thanks...

新的OVITO微信频道!
New for our users in China: OVITO on WeChat 

Official OVITO WeChat channel operated by Foshan Diesi Technology Co., Ltd.