Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Transparency

Hello, I have a problem to set the transparency of my particles.
I have written in the file what is the transparency value of each particle and correctly identified the column.
But no transparency is observed.

Then I followed the tutorial and applied "compute property", but that not only set the transparency of all to the same value, but also no transparency is visible.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, sorry.

I attach images of the two situations.

Uploaded files:
  • Muestra1.png
  • Muestra2.png

Hi Rafael,

judging from your screenshots only it doesn't look like you're doing anything wrong. Does this happen with only this particular file? Could you please download attached test xyz file, open it with OVITO and try to change the transparency of these particles (e.g. by using the Compute property modifier)?

If that doesn't work either, can you go into the "Application settings" and switch to "Graphics hardware interface" Vulkan instead of OpenGL. Does that change anything for you?

-Constanze

Uploaded files:

Thank you for your response.

I tried what you mentioned, change the transparency and nothing changes. (attached image).

The second solution does not appear among the options. (image)
My version of Ovito is 3.0.0 dev766

Uploaded files:
  • muestra-3.png
  • Muestra4.png

The latest version of OVITO Basic is freely available at our website.  I'm afraid I have no other suggestion at the moment than trying with the Vulkan renderer.

Thank you very much, the version update solved the problem.

Now I have another problem, but to keep the forum tidy I open a new topic.

新的OVITO微信频道!
New for our users in China: OVITO on WeChat 

Official OVITO WeChat channel operated by Foshan Diesi Technology Co., Ltd.