Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Compute for only selected elements

Hi,

I'm trying to make one atom completely transparent but ensure the other atoms are still opaque. Form the forums, I saw you could select transparency in the compute property to do this. However, I do not actually know how to "select" the atoms that I want to make transparent. Is there an option or something or the sort to do this?

I've attached an example image to illustrate what I'm trying to do. In the file I have 3 "atoms" I'm trying to make the particle type 2 (the blue particles) transparent but keep particles 1 and 3 opaque.

Thanks,

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi,

you could e.g. use the Select Type Modifier with the type property option "Particle Type" to select all particles of particle type 2. Then, in a next step, you can use the Compute Property Modifier as you showed above.

Alright, that helped a lot. I'm now getting a transparency which is exactly what I'm looking for. Just one quick question. Is there a way to make it so the selected atoms using "Select Type Modifier" do not all become red in color? I'd prefer them to stay the colors that they originally were. But if not, this works.

Thanks,

Yes, the reason is that Compute Property Modifier does not remove the previously created Selection. This is needed when you want to keep working with the particle property "Selection". You can simply use a Clear Selection Modifier after the Compute Property Modifier.