Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Install ovito python module.

hello everyone. I have installed ovito python module by : pip install -U ovito. The installtation process is OK and corresponding third-packages are satisfied.

Collecting ovito
Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/5e/ec/84c48b864d9c4e5a6a83ff31939a9179ad34203a5ac89ee22d7a2bd30c56/ovito-3.5.2-cp37-cp37m-win_amd64.whl (60.8MB)
|████████████████████████████████| 60.8MB 6.4MB/s
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: numpy in d:\anaconda\lib\site-packages (from ovito) (1.19.5)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: PySide2>=5.15 in d:\anaconda\lib\site-packages (from ovito) (5.15.2)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: shiboken2==5.15.2 in d:\anaconda\lib\site-packages (from PySide2>=5.15->ovito) (5.15.2)
Installing collected packages: ovito
Successfully installed ovito-3.5.2

But when I try to import it in python interface: import ovito, I accepted the error like below.

Python 3.7.3 (default, Apr 24 2019, 15:29:51) [MSC v.1915 64 bit (AMD64)] :: Anaconda, Inc. on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import PySide2.QtCore
>>> import ovito
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: direct2d, minimal, offscreen, windows.

Any suggestions will be helpful to me, thanks a lot.

Please note that the OVITO PyPI package that you installed with the "pip install" command is not compatible with the Anaconda interpreter. For Anaconda we provide a special conda package that must be installed with the "conda install" command, see

https://www.ovito.org/python-downloads/

Thanks a lot. I use conda succesfully install the ovito package and import ovito is normal. By the way, I have to create a ovito environment before I install ovito package, otherwise package dependence error occurs. Thank you again.

新的OVITO微信频道!
New for our users in China: OVITO on WeChat 

Official OVITO WeChat channel operated by Foshan Diesi Technology Co., Ltd.